Thursday, March 29, 2012

Passing values between 2 open pages (eg. parent and dialog)

Can someone tell me if there is another way of passing variables back and forth between 2 open pages (such as in the case of a dialog window) without using javascript.

I have done it before using javascript but now that I am using a lot of user controls on my pages I find it a pain in the butt with how the user controls are being named, especially when you have multiple nested controls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.You could use session variables, but this would require that each of the pages involved do a postback in order to be able to read the session variables. Otherwise, javascript is your best bet.
Alright, thanks mendhak, just thought I would check to see if there was a better way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment