Thursday, March 29, 2012

Passing values from a child window

hi all,
I have a parent window default.aspx which has a textbox(txtBox1) with
multiline property and a button.when the button is clicked a child
window pops up child.aspx.
I have four textboxes in child.aspx and a submit button.What I want to
happen is when I click the submit button all the values must be
displayed in the multiline textbox in a table format with header and
the values below or any formatted display with headers.
I am using,
window.opener.documents.forms[0].txtBox1.value method to pass the
values.
can anybody help me to fix the values from the child window to the
parent window in a formatted display.I have been trying this for a day.
thanksHello ssrivani@.gmail.com,
From what I understood, after opening the child window and filling in the ch
ild form, you want to be able to:
1- Format the form field values in an html table.
2- copy the resulting html to the opening window and have it inserted into t
he multi line text field.
Try the attached files and see if it works for you.

> hi all,
>
> I have a parent window default.aspx which has a textbox(txtBox1) with
> multiline property and a button.when the button is clicked a child
> window pops up child.aspx.
> I have four textboxes in child.aspx and a submit button.What I want to
> happen is when I click the submit button all the values must be
> displayed in the multiline textbox in a table format with header and
> the values below or any formatted display with headers.
> I am using,
> window.opener.documents.forms[0].txtBox1.value method to pass the
> values.
> can anybody help me to fix the values from the child window to the
> parent window in a formatted display.I have been trying this for a
> day.
>
> thanks
>

0 comments:

Post a Comment