Monday, March 26, 2012

passing values to showmodal dialog

I have parent.aspx web page from which I call a modal dialog (child.aspx via
showmodaldialog). I'd like to populate two text boxes, <asp:TextBox id=txt
_HN> on the child form with data from the caller.
for parent.aspx....
<script> block
function UpdH(title,horse)
{
var iParms=new Object();
iParms.Name=horse;
...}
for child.aspx...
<script> block
I've tried "document.getElementById('txt_HN').value=iParms.Horse;" within ch
ild.aspx form - but get error "document.getElementbyId(...) is null or not a
n object". How do I do this?David,
Try dialogArguments.window.document.getElementById....
using the following to open your window in java script:
var TestWindow = new Object();
TestWindow.caller = window.showModalDialog(URLstr, window, sFeatures);
replacing the parameters there with whatever you use as appropriate.
Raymond Lewallen
"DavidS" <DavidS@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:564EE97A-8C7D-4E35-B034-99BB78A95904@.microsoft.com...
> I have parent.aspx web page from which I call a modal dialog (child.aspx
via showmodaldialog). I'd like to populate two text boxes, <asp:TextBox
id=txt_HN> on the child form with data from the caller.
> for parent.aspx....
> <script> block
> function UpdH(title,horse)
> {
> var iParms=new Object();
> iParms.Name=horse;
> ...}
> for child.aspx...
> <script> block
> I've tried "document.getElementById('txt_HN').value=iParms.Horse;" within
child.aspx form - but get error "document.getElementbyId(...) is null or not
an object". How do I do this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment